LINEUP PREP DETAILS :
July 16th LineUP Sponsored by AGH & Excel Field Hockey Camps
- YOU MUST FILL OUT THE ONLINE COVID FORM AND THE FACILITY WAIVER (ABOVE) IN ORDER TO PARTICIPATE THIS FRIDAY:
- Fill out the online COVID form above between now and check-in.
- Print the facility's waiver and hand it to us as check-in.
- If you are checking in with your parents, they can sign it there (so no need to print if you're with your parents)
- Meet our Team HERE!
- Arrival Time:
- Arrive at least 45 minutes before your first clinic.
- We are opening sign-in at 7:15am for athletes who registered for an 8am clinic.
- Sacred Heart Greenwich
- 1177 King St, Greenwich, CT 06831
- Map Here
- We suggest entering from the main gate.
- Follow signs to the field hockey field.
- There are a handful of small parking lots you can park in. If that is full, you can park around the back of the main building and walk.
- Campus map here.
- Check in at the LineUP booth to sign-in & get your pinnie.
- You will also receive your tournament times and a reminder list of the clinics you are registered for and the field number they are on.
- We will have the schedule available so you always know where to be at what time.
- Departure Time:
- The tournament round robin ends at 7:45pm.
- LineUP staff is hosting a hockey warmup on the field turf for athletes with an 8am clinic from 7:40-7:55am. (We suggest you stretch and do some plyo’s beforehand.) If you arrive early, feel free to warm up and hit around on the field turf.
- LineUP staff is also hosting a warmup on the field turf for athletes with a 9am clinic from 8:40-8:55
- Field 7, 8 & 9 are available most of the day for warmups and open field play. Check out the schedule to see when they are available. When you are on these fields, please be cognizant of the Gk clinics and if any other clinics are happening on the field at this time.
- Packing list:
- The facility's waiver, link above (if your parents will be at The LineUP, no need to bring the waiver, we will have extras and they can sign there).
- Fill out the COVID online form above too.
- Water bottle, water & extra water!
- The facility will have water but there is only one spout so we suggest bringing your own water and bring an extra water bottle because the spout is not next to the field.
- Lunch & lots of snacks
- It’s a long day and night! Most of our athletes will be there for 12 hours, make sure to bring enough food and snacks to keep you energized.
- We will provide pinnies that will need to be returned at the end of the day. If you have a certain type of tank or T-shirt you prefer to wear under pinnies we encourage you to bring it.
- Goalies - we will provide a GK shirt with a number.
- All your standard hockey gear - mouthguard, shin guards, any tape, or anything you need to rock and roll on the field all day long.
- Sunscreen & anything else you need to have a healthy, successful day!
- This is a mask-optional event.
- Your hockey notebook & pen
- If you need to be taped, or anything injury preventative, be sure to d that before arriving.
- Questions for the college coach. Ok ok, you can't physically pack this. But come prepared with questions!
- Due to inclement weather, this event will not be canceled nor postponed.
- In case of lightning - the facility does NOT have indoor shelter and the buildings will be locked. If we need to pause and take shelter due to lightning, we will ask all athletes and families to go in their cars.
- If an athlete was dropped off and you do not have any teammates to hop in their car, we will have you join one of LineUP staff's car.
- Please inform our staff at check-in if you need to use a LineUP staff member's car in case of lightning.
- Bring a cooler, ice, a portable fan, an umbrella or small tent, or anything to help keep you cool between clinics and games.
- LineUP cannot provide our large tent to help cool you off because the facility does not allow large tents to be installed - however, there is a lot of shade near the fields!
- In case of rain - bring plastic bags, extra clothes, a weather pod, water proof equipment bag, raincoats, etc.
- The facility does not have an indoor space to store your gear and take rain shelter under.
- We will supply you with a pinnie with your own unique number at registration.
- We have given each coach the list of each athlete with each athlete’s pinnie number so they can easily ID you.
- You must return this pinnie at the end of your day. If we do not receive your pinnie at the end of the day you will be invoiced for $85. (in the future we will give you a pinnie to take home but due to COVID we had issues shipping so will need to re-use your pinnie)
- If you are not vaccinated and have been around anyone who was recently diagnosed with COVID-19, contact us ASAP. Please fill out the form accordingly.
- We just got instagram!
- Follow us @thelineup2021
- If you have a hockey account - DM us from that account so we can repost! And tag us!!
- Let us know which recent post you want us to repost and which lineup you are attending, and any other details you’d like to share (psst, we are going to tell our college coaches to check out the account!)
- Tournament round robin is from 4.30-8pm. The games are 8v8 on half of a full hockey field, and are 35 minutes long. Each athlete will play 2 games, coached by the participating college coaches. At sign-in you will get your assigned teams and times.
- Your Login:
- Login to your account HERE.
- Make sure to know which coaches at what time and what field you are working with.
- Parents can watch from designated areas. Parents are not allowed on the turf and are not allowed in the space between the two turfs.
- Film: Parents are not allowed to film the clinics. Parents can film the tourney.
- Parents are allowed to listen-in on the College Prep Q&A but are not allowed to participate (we found that parents take over the conversation when we allow them to ask questions!)
- Make sure to bring lunch, water, snacks, ice, coolers for yourself!
- College Prep Q&A:
- We will host three 30-minute College Prep Q&As with different college coaches on the 15 minute mark of the hour, from 12:15am-2:45pm.
- Athletes - please come prepared with questions to ask the college coaches!
- This will be located outside; typically we host this under our large tent but due to facility restrictions we will host this under a shaded tree. Please be prepared in case of rain, etc.
- This is designed to be an interactive and educational experience between the coach and the athlete. We are allowing parents to listen in (think you're a fly on the wall!) because we know how crucial a parent's role is in the recruiting process.
- You are allowed to attend however many of these as you like, or none! No check-in is required.
- Clinic Timing:
- Your clinics will start on the hour with a double horn. Please be ready to go 5 minutes before your clinic waiting just off the pitch. If you're coming from another clinic you will have these 5 minute as a break.
- During this 5 minute break between clinics, we will play music. Athletes are not allowed on the pitch while music is playing. This is time for coaches to set up their field.
- 1 minute before the hour, our staff will allow you onto the pitch and you will wait on the sideline behind the cage until your coach invites you onto their mini field for their clinic.
- When your clinic ends on the 55 of the hour, quickly get off the pitch, make sure all the balls are picked up before this time.
- Scroll all the way down for more details like hotels, schedule, payment info and more.
Don't forget about the facility waiver & the online COVID form!
July 16 Committed Coaches
Sacred Heart Greenwich, CT
Tjerk v Herwaarden
Caitlin Van Sickle
Assoc. Head Coach
Assoc. Head Coach
AGH Hockey Club
Excel Hockey Camp
All coaches listed have committed to joining The LineUP. Because the life of a coach can be very fluid, they cannot always guarantee they will be on site for a portion or all of the program. However, at this time, we fully expect them to be with us the entire time. Most talent ID events that operate over muliple days typically provide athletes with 12 hours of programing. Coaches are busy. They prefer one-and-done, which is why more top quality coaches can join the LineUP for the day.
Pricing July 16
We're determined to provide impact and value for your investment. Not just by offering an attractive price, but by providing access to a level of colleges rarely represented on-field - at one time. This year, more than any other, it is critical you spend your time and money wisely.
We've worked hard at keeping this affordable. We know of recruiting programs that charge in excess of $700 with $600 plus the norm.
- The "Entry Fee" is only $289. This guarantees you a roster spot into this program. PLUS:
- Gives you the right to make Semi-Private Clinic reservations with our coaches.
- Allows you entry and free access to all the panels with college coaches
- And provides a roster spot in the Game-Play Action Showcase.
- Additional clinic pricing is $50. per clinic. (You will register for these later in the spring when field times are announced)
- By registering, you agree to sign-up to a minimum of 3 clinics at $50. each (you choose with who).
- With 3 clinics your minimum investment to participate is $439.
- You have the option to register for a clinic every hour that clinics are available - possibly as many as 8. Each clinic will cost $50.
- We recommend doing no more than 6 . The number of clinics you do in a day should depend on your strength, stamina and fitness.
It's a 2-step process.
STEP 1: Register
- The first thing is to register with your "Entry Fee"
- The "Entry Fee" will guarantee you a roster spot in this program.
- The "Entry Fee" gives you the right to make Semi-Private Clinic reservations.
- In addition The "Entry Fee" allows you:
- Through the gate with entry and free access to...
- Education Panels and College Prep Seminars
- 8v8 Game-Play Showcase
STEP 2: Clinic Sign-up
It's simple. It might seem confusing because it's new.
- The first thing is to register with your "Entry Fee" (you did this in Step 1).
- Later in Spring (well before the event) all registered athletes will be notified by email that Coach Clinic registrations are open for sign-ups.
- At that time you will be provided with the registration links for all participating co-op coaches.
- Players then go online and sign-on to the clinic of their choice -- as long as space is available in that clinic.
- Popular coaches will do multiple clinics to meet higher demand.
- However, even if a coach were to due triple-time at the event (as it is their choice) they would not be able to work with every athlete. Therefore it is in the athletes interest to book sooner, rather than later, when they decide who they want to work with.
- Note that "Registered" players are confirmed to a clinic coach and time by a first to apply, space available basis.
- LineUP staff will be on hand to register last minute clinic decisions on the day of the event. (If space is open)
Our hope and goal is that every athlete can work with the coach of their choice, but that cannot be guaranteed depending on a coaches clinic demand. Best not wait on your selection once their times are announced. The co-ops have sold-out within days of announcement.
Don't Get Lost in a Sea of AthletesLimited to 20 Athletes per Clinic
Sacred Heart Greenwich
July 16, 2021
The Best Way to See, and Be Seen
July 16, 2021 will be held at the Sacred Heart Greenwich, 1177 King St, Greenwich, CT 06831
- JFK Airport, NY-35 miles
- Newark Liberty Airport-50 miles
- Bradley International Airport, CT -97 miles
- T. F. Green Airport, RI-148 miles
- Boston Logan International Airport-190 miles
- Garden City (Long Island)-40 miles
- Newark, NJ: 45 miles
- New Haven, CT: 50 miles
- Springfield, MA-110 miles
- Philadelphia, PA: 125 miles
- Providence, RI: 150 miles
- Boston, MA: 175 miles
- Check-in will be 45 minutes prior to your first clinic.
- At check-in you will collect your numbered bib and schedule
- First clinics begin at 8.00AM
- 2 optional warm-ups available at 7.30AM and 8.30AM.
- Coach and Field location will be posted at the event. It is the athletes responsibilty to be at the correct location and on time.
- It may be possible to sign-up for additional clinics on the day of the event if there are open spots.
- Matches to end at 7.45PM
- A detailed email will be sent to one week in advance of the event outlining everything you will need to know and do.
Hotels: Many hotels in Tarrytown, NY and Stamford ,CT to choose from. Both approximately 15 minute drive from the venue.