Full-time, Year Round, Remote Employment Opportunity
Director of Operations
Expanding Horizons, Inc.
dba The LineUP
and Sport EuroTour
Full-time, year round, remote employment.
Posted: January 2022
The LineUP is a small, diverse and growing family-owned field hockey business established in 1989 - and is now seeking a unique individual who will excel in a fast-paced entrepreneurial business setting.
The Director of Operations must have extreme attention to detail, be process oriented and organized yet can quickly adapt and find solutions when plans change (such is the life of a small entrepreneurial business!)
This individual will be the primary customer interface who is responsible for the development of relationships with current LineUP family participants and assist them through email customer service. Additionally, this individual must have a command of spreadsheets (Google sheets and Excel) with basic data and computer skills as they will manage all registrations in our online (cloud) database and utilize spreadsheets to analyze, sort and filter participants' details creating clinic schedules and more. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of all LineUPs and help ensure smooth execution of all events. Pre-event planning is the key metric for each individual event's success.
Expanding Horizons, Inc. also owns and operates Sport EuroTour, an international field hockey travel and training company. In addition to the candidate's role with the LineUP, they will be expected to assume the same role and duties as outlined for The LineUP. Currently Sport EuroTour programs are modified and/or suspended due to Covid and travel restrictions. While EuroTour execution details are minimal at this time, customer service, refunding and database organization are still critical in day to day operations.
- Manage camper email communication, support & customer service
- Create tournaments, schedules, support paperwork and itineraries for all events
- Manage all registrations, including payments and refunds
- Create and analyze data and reporting
- Create individualized camper schedules by utilizing spreadsheet functions and coding
- Must be available and present at all LineUP events to help support execution, such as facility communication, equipment, signage, jerseys, camp check-in, coach packets, etc.
- Support sales, marketing and networking initiatives
- Help develop and execute new growth directives
- Define, implement and revise operational policies and guidelines
Must have these qualities:
- At least 3 year’s experience in email customer communication or service
- Must be proficient to advance in excel and spreadsheet analysis
- Must be computer savvy with cloud based programs and aps
- Must be very organized and have extreme attention to detail
- Is great at time management, prioritizing and managing many projects at once
- Ability to assess and understand customer needs and recommend appropriate solutions
- An empathetic, trustworthy and passionate individual who cares about their customers
- Good but not necessary: experience in the field hockey camp industry
- Good but not necessary: experience working from home with a flexible schedule
This position is open to anyone authorized to work in the United States
Job Type: Full Time
Start Time: Ideally February 1, 2022
Bonus: When goals met - realistic bonus levels up to $10,000 or more per year
Work Location: Remote
LineUP Event Locations: Primarily Mid-Atlantic to New England States
Schedule: Full-time / Flexible
Our goal is to grow and have you grow with us!
You will be reporting and working closely with the owners, Tori Whitcher and Bob Whitcher.
Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org