Coaches OnlyJuly 31 Info Page
I will text you a few days before with a pic of your full day personalized schedule. If you scroll down this page you will see the general day schedule, it is a full day 8am-7:45pm.
Feel free to call or text me if you have any questions at all: 508.566.9029. If I don't have your cell, please email/text that to me.
- On Saturday morning you will receive a print out list of all the athletes attending your clinics.
- 1 week before the event we will email you your final lists (we closed registrations/changes on July 18).
- On Saturday you will also receive a print out of all athletes attending, but if you want that in advance let me know.
- We will supply athletes with numbered pinnies. The lists you will receive on Saturday morning will include those pinnie numbers.
- Come prepared with a 45/50 minute training session. This can be the same training for all your clinics.
- Our goal for the athlete is that they will come away from your clinic with a greater understanding of your program, philosophies, style, etc.
- Some clinics have up to 2 GKs, don't forget to incorporate them in the training if you have a GK.
- Clinics start on the hour with a double horn. We ask all athletes and coaches to end their clinic on the 55 minute mark of the hour, so that athletes can have a 5 minute break if they are playing in the next hour.
- At the 45 minute mark we will blow the horn so you know you have ten minutes left with your athletes.
- At the 55 minute mark we will play music for 5 minutes until the next clinic begins. (no music will play during the clinic so that athletes can hear you).
- Your athletes will be responsible for ball/field cleanup before the 55 minute music mark.
- We encourage you to take time at the end of your clinic at the 45/50 minute mark to let the athletes know where you will be the next few months, let them ask you questions and tell them about any clinics or events you are hosting on campus. This is a great time for them to get to know you and your program a little better, as much as compliant-possible!
- We heard great feedback from athletes saying they loved it when coaches made time for this.
- Your Clinic Field:
- Your mini field is 100 ft X 90 ft (1/6 of the field).
- We have foam field dividers on the 1st field.
- We will supply approx 100 balls for your clinic.
- Plus we have flat cones and 3D cones that you can choose to use.
- Your mini field will have 1 cage.
- Bring anything you need for your clinic- any props, a whistle, white boards, a stick, pinnies (we have LineUP reversible orange pinnies, but some coaches found it helpful to have their own)
- A handful of coaches brought their assistant or one of their players to help them. We recommend this especially if you have a sold out clinic and have an assistant or a local athlete available Saturday, this is a great idea!
- Your mini field is 100 ft X 90 ft (1/6 of the field).
- Location: Forekicks Sports Complex 223 Fremont St, Taunton, MA 02780
- FYI this is not astro (we had difficulties getting an astro in this area due to COVID) but it is fast field turf.
- ARRIVAL TIME:
- If you are coaching at 8 or 9am, please arrive at least 30 minutes before your clinic.
- If your first clinic is after 9am, please arrive by 9am.
- Please check-in with me at the coach/staff area when you arrive. At this time we plan to have the coach area inside (yay air conditioning!). I will post details the day before the event on this site when we know the exact room.
- If you can't find the coach area when you get there, call/text me at 508.566.9029.
- Do NOT arrive late to your clinic. We cannot swap clinics around since each athlete has already made their own unique schedule throughout the day.
- If any coach is late, or a no-show to their clinic, we would have to refund all those athletes for your clinic and you would not get paid on it. Plus, we would have some disappointed athletes/families on our hands and it would be a bad reflection on your program.
- The tournament ends at 7:45pm. The tournament is from 4:30-7:45, on Saturday morning you will be assigned a few teams to coach.
- We've had questions from participating college coaches about watching other clinics in progress. The LineUP has no opinion on this, however professional courtesy and etiquette dictates a thumbs up by that coach before watching their clinic.
- In addition to your clinics, you will get assigned to one 30 minute college prep Q&A seminar. Also coaching teams in the evening tournament.
- If you are bringing a second coach from your program, you can assign them this coaching role if you like.
- We will have food throughout the day for you. And of course the coffee will be flowing all day too.
- Please let me know by July 29th if you have any food allergies or requests.
- We will supply you with a w-9 to be signed, and check will be given the evening of the 9th.
- Each program will get paid $450 plus $25/athlete who registers for their clinic. If there is more than one coach, you can let us know that day who to make the check out to, or we can split it and write two checks.
See you Saturday morning get excited for a new type of hockey event!
July 31 Clinic Schedule
Tjerk van Herwaarden
Assoc. Head Coach
Dani Ryder Kogut
July 31, 2021 will be held at the Fore Kicks III - 223 Fremont St, Taunton, MA 02780
- T. F. Green Airport, RI-30 miles
- Boston Logan International Airport-40 miles
- Bradley International Airport, CT - 120 miles
- Providence, RI: 30 miles
- Boston, MA: 40 miles
- New Haven, CT: 120 miles
- NYC: 200 miles
- Philadelphia, PA: 290 miles
- Athlete check-in will be 45 minutes prior to your first clinic.
- At check-in you will collect your numbered bib and schedule
- First clinics begin at 8.00AM
- 2 optional warm-ups available at 7.30AM and 8.30AM.
- Coach and Field location will be posted at the event. It is the athletes responsibilty to be at the correct location and on time.
- It may be possible to sign-up for additional clinics on the day of the event if there are open spots.
- Matches to end at 7.45PM
- A detailed email will be sent to one week in advance of the event outlining everything you will need to know and do.