Coaches OnlyJuly 16, 2022
--Hotel: Four Points by Sheraton Boston Newton
--Facility: Harvard Sports Complex, Cambridge, MA
--Airport: Boston Logan. We suggest flying in Friday evening (July 15) and leave later Saturday evening, a flight after 9pm, or Sunday AM (July 17). Book your flights now, as it will be the cheapest!
COACH COMPENSATION & TRAVEL FOR SUMMER 2022:
--$30/athlete who registers for your clinic
--PLUS $300 (this can help go towards gas/ubers that the travel stipend might not cover)
--PLUS LineUP pays for, and books, your hotel the night before/after if you need it (we will send a form later this spring asking)
--PLUS LineUP will supply delish meals/coffee for you all day on July 16th
--You will receive your check after the tourney on July 16th
--LineUP requires coaches to stay and watch tourney until the end (either 6:30 or 7pm). This is so that athletes with later tourney games get equal exposure as the athletes with earlier games.
-- Clinics sell out with 18 field players and 2 goalies. Ie, if you have 4 sold out clinics, that's $2700 for the day. If you have 1 sold-out clinic, that's $900 for the day.
If more than 1 coach from your institution attends LineUP:
--Athletes (and LineUP) loves when more than 1 coach attends!
-- Coach comp, and travel stipend, is per institution. So if 2 coaches from your institution are attending LineUP, we can split the check 50/50 or the head coach can pay assistant coach on their own. If you want to split the check, let us know at least a week in advance.
--We STRONGLY encourage coaches with multiple sold-out clinics to have another coach or helper assist you with your clinics.
--If both coaches will need a hotel room, let us know at least a month in advance so we can get a hotel room with 2 beds. If coaches are different genders, let us know at least a month in advance so we can get 2 hotel rooms for you.
Coach Travel Stipend NEWLY UPDATED:
--In addition to your compensation and hotel listed above, any coach traveling 200+ miles distance will receive a travel stipend. Distance is measured from your institution to the Harvard Sport Complex.
--¢.40 per mile, up to $400. This is round trip. (ie, if your institution is 300 miles away, we will comp 600 miles X ¢.40)
--Coaches participating in FIH will receive 1-way comp (FIH can comp your travel home)
--Coaches secure/purchase their own transport. We do not need to see any receipts, so if it costs you less, you get to pocket it 🙂
--Ubers & Lyfts: LineUP will not compensate/venmo for ubers/lyfts to airport. This is what the travel stipend/compensation is for.
--Any coach who does not have a car, LineUP can coordinate a ride to/from the hotel and facility and back.
--The travel stipend will be added to your check, which you will receive the evening of July 16th.
--IE, if your institution is 700 miles away from facility, LineUP will offer you a $400 travel stipend. IE, if your institution is 319 miles away, LineUP will comp you a $255 travel stipend. IE, if you are coming from 180 miles away, you will not get a travel stipend.
--Just like Coach Compensation, travel stipend is paid per institution.
College Coach Point of Contact:
508.566.9029 (texting works too)
- How our clinic schedule is made: This schedule will be based off two factors: 1) How many athletes listed the college clinic in their top 3 when they registered for their Entry Fee &... 2) Number of registrants for clinics in past LineUPs.
- We have 9 "TBD" clinics which will be added the week of May 15th based on what clinics sell out first.
LineUP Timetable for Coaches:
--May 15th: Phase I opens; athletes can register for their top 3 clinics.
--May 22nd : Phase II opens, all athletes can register for any additional clinics.
--July 3rd: Last day for athletes to register for clinics
***First week of July: LineUP will send you the final list of all athletes participating in July 16th LineUP, plus your final list of all athletes registered for your college clinics.
Friendly reminders for the day, will be updated later this spring:
- If you filled out the form that you need a hotel room, we reserved those for you under your name with the front desk.
- If you are flying in and not renting a car, we can also drive you form the hotel to the sports complex back, just communicate that with Tori.
WhatsApp Coach Group:
- JOIN OUR COACH WhatsApp GROUP!! join here -
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your first clinic so we can show you the space, give you your paperwork, you can set up your clinic, grab a snack, etc.
- Tourney is from 3:30-7, all coaches will be assigned 2 teams to coach. Feel free to swap teams with another coach if you want to work with a specific athlete(s).
- We will print out all the lists for you so you can watch the athletes and know where they are playing.
- Coaches are required/asked to stay and watch the games through 7pm. This is because parents and athletes notice when coaches leave early - this was really the only complaint we received from families all summer.
- Your clinic - clinics are 55 minutes long:
- We will print out the list of athletes for your for each of your clinics with their info and jersey number.
- We suggest designing your clinic around 45 minutes so that you have time for field clean-up. Athletes LOVE it when you have time to introduce yourself, the program, and talk about the program and answer questions. We encourage you to invite them on campus or to your on-campus camp/clinic (whatever is compliant of course!)
- 00: Clinic start on the hour.
- 55: All athletes have to be OFF on the 55 of the hour so that the next coach can set up their field.
- 50: We suggest around the 50 of the hour you start doing field cleanup and goodbyes.
- LineUP staff does not do attendance for the individual clinics, therefore, at the beginning of the clinics you can choose to do attendance if you like so you know who didn't make it (and maybe an athlete is there by accident or sneaking in).
- If you have a morning clinic (especially a 8am or 9am clinic) there is a good chance the athletes did not warm up on their own. We do tell them to do plyos and stretch before their first clinic, but if you have a morning clinic, we suggesting spending the first 5 minutes doing a hockey warmup.
- We always have a handful of no-shows and last minute cancels, so don't plan your clinic around that exact amount of field players/gks.
- If you have multiple sold-out clinics we STRONGLY suggest you bring a helper.
- This does not have to be one of your staff, it could be a local athlete or coach you know.
- If you want to pay them out of your lineup pay, please tell Tori at least a week in advance so we can edit your check and write up a new check for them. We split checks 50/50. We print checks out a few days before the event. Your helper/assistant is welcome to eat the staff/coach food and hang in the staff/coach room.
- Every mini field is 1/6 of a full-size hockey pitch (90 feet x 90 feet)
- Every mini field has 1 cage and 70+ balls, cones and flat cones.
- If you have any specialized gear you need to run your clinic, please bring that.
- Whistle, stick, white board, white board pen, watch, or anything else you might need to run your clinics.
- We will have a couple extra sticks for coaches flying in.
- Rain jacket/sweatshirt for weather
- You will receive your check at 7pm. If you want your name change or check adjusted please tell Tori a week in advance since we are printing out the checks in advance.
Looking forward to seeing you all!
College Coach Point of Contact:
508.566.9029 (texting works too)
Don't Get Lost in a Sea of AthletesLimited to 20 Athletes per Clinic
Harvard Sports Complex
July 16, 2022